Goldberg and Osborne: Protecting the rights of spinal cord and brain injury victims.
Both spinal cord and traumatic brain injuries are frequently the result of a sudden, severe impact to the head or body. In many cases, motor vehicle crashes, slips and falls, or medical mistakes are to blame for spinal cord or brain injuries.
Motor Vehicle Crashes: Regardless of whether there has been driver error, the vehicle manufacturer may be responsible for your brain or spinal cord injury. This can occur in a car, SUV, or truck, or on a recreational vehicle such as an ATV. The vehicle’s manufacturer may have developed a product with faulty components or built a vehicle that did not properly protect the user or occupants.
- An unstable vehicle rolled over because it was top heavy or design to be unstable
- The vehicle may inadequate roof design that fails to protect passengers in a rollover.
- Defective safety equipment such as seatbelts or airbags may have performed improperly or not at all at the time of a crash
Slips and Falls: Brain trauma or spinal cord injuries may have also been caused by:
- Falls from ladders, platforms, or unsafe construction sites
- Slips on wet floors or improperly maintained stairs, steps, or walkways
- Foreign substances or loose items left on the floor posing trip hazards
Many injuries that stem from slip or fall accidents are the result of negligent maintenance by a property owner. The negligent property owner can be held legally responsible for any injuries suffered by a slip or fall victim.
Medical Mistake: Certain medical errors or negligence causing brain or spinal cord injuries:
- A newborn deprived of oxygen during pregnancy or birth
- Misdiagnosis or delay in treating a stroke, aneurism, MS, or brain tumor
- Improper handling/positioning of head and neck by medical personnel after an accident
Severe trauma to the brain or spinal cord can, in an instant, lead to life-changing injuries or even death. Some of the more common, severe injuries can include:
- Trembling or Numbness in parts of the body
- Memory Loss (Short Term and Permanent)
- Loss of Cognitive Function
- Loss or Reduction of Motor Skills
Goldberg and Osborne have been helping victims of brain and spinal cord injuries for over 20 years.
If you or a loved may have suffered a brain or spinal cord injury due to any form of accident, call Goldberg and Osborne now at 1-800-THE-EAGLE (1-800-843-3245). You may also submit your details on our short, secure simple case form below.