Goldberg and Osborne: Protecting the rights of spinal cord and traumatic brain injury victims.
Both spinal cord and traumatic brain injuries (TBI) are frequently the result of a sudden, severe impact to the head or body. In many cases, motor vehicle crashes or slips and falls are to blame for spinal cord or brain injuries.
Motor Vehicle Crashes: Regardless of whether there has been driver error, the vehicle manufacturer may be responsible for your brain or spinal cord injury. This can occur in a car, SUV, or truck, or on a recreational vehicle such as an ATV. The vehicle’s manufacturer may have developed a product with faulty components or built a vehicle that did not properly protect the user or occupants.
- An unstable vehicle rolled over because it was top heavy or design to be unstable
- The vehicle may inadequate roof design that fails to protect passengers in a rollover.
- Defective safety equipment such as seat belts or airbags may have performed improperly or not at all at the time of a crash
Slips and Falls: Brain trauma or spinal cord injuries may have also been caused by:
- Falls from ladders, platforms, or unsafe construction sites
- Slips on wet floors or improperly maintained stairs, steps, or walkways
- Foreign substances or loose items left on the floor posing trip hazards
Many injuries that stem from slip or fall accidents are the result of negligent maintenance by a property owner. The negligent property owner can be held legally responsible for any injuries suffered by a slip or fall victim.
Severe trauma to the brain or spinal cord can, in an instant, lead to life-changing injuries or even death. Some of the more common, severe injuries can include:
- Trembling or Numbness in parts of the body
- Memory Loss (Short Term and Permanent)
- Loss of Cognitive Function
- Loss or Reduction of Motor Skills
Goldberg and Osborne have been helping victims of brain and spinal cord injuries since 1989.
If you or a loved may have suffered a traumatic brain or spinal cord injury due to any form of accident, call Goldberg and Osborne now at 1-800-THE-EAGLE (1-800-843-3245). You may also submit your details on our short, secure simple case form below.